November was another banner month for startups raising capital in Israel. A total of $840 million was raised last month. The following is a list of startups that raised money: AgriTask $8.5 million
According to IVC Research Center, during the second quarter of 2019, 125 Israeli firms raised capital totalling $2.32 billion. This sum is down from the 253 deals, totaling $3.87 billion raised during the first quarter of 2019. Ten very...
On Sunday evening, Prime Minister Netanyahu made the final decision to close Sde Dov Airport. The decision to abolish the airfield, located inside Tel Aviv along the beach, was vehemently opposed by the people of Eilat, as well as, by the Tel...
The Central Bureau of Statistics reported very mixed results in the housing sector. Builders sold 5,750 new dwellings during the first three months of 2019, which represents a decrease of 11.4% from the last three months of 2018. However, that same number...
Bank of Israel Bank of Israel’s Monetary Committee has decided to keep the prime interest rate at .25%.  Initially, the expectation was that the rate would be raised. However, the report that inflation in April was on 0.3%, i.e., lower than predicted, combined...
The Bank of Israel has released a significant report on the state of the Israeli workforce. In its report, Bank of Israel states that the productivity of the average Israeli worker is 24% below the average OECD country, and that number has remained...
Israel’s Consumer Price Index rose 0.2% in August, after continually decreasing in the previous months. Since the beginning of the year, the Consumer Price Index has risen a total of 0.8%, thereby, nearing the minimum inflation rate of 1% projected by the...
During the second quarter of 2019, the Shekel appreciated against the Dollar by 1.8%. The strengthening of the Shekel, which has extended to the Euro, is harming Israel’s exporters whose prices are all set in Dollars and whose costs are all in...
Israel was on its way to another high in terms of startup growth and funding, until COVID-19 hit. During the first quarter, Israeli high-tech firms raised $2.74 billion, in a total of 139 deals. This represents an increase of 76% from the...
Mega Tel Aviv Last month, I did a price comparison between McDonald's in the United States and McDonald here in Israel. As we saw, Israeli prices are often twice, or more, than comparable items in the US McDonald’s.  This month,...